Review for Hainanese Chicken Rice:
I liked the chicken rice a lot. The rice was very tasty, which was very appetising and was so good that it could be eaten without the chicken! The chicken was cooked well, it was tender and juicy.Together with the set came my favourite – the ginger dipping sauce. It was very frangrant and definitely added that extra flavour to the chicken rice. Another kind of dipping sauce – the dark soya sauce was provided too. Basically, I also liked the chicken rice a lot as it was not very oily unlike some other chicken rice sold in other places and I cannot stand overly oily chicken rice. :D On the whole, I would declare this chicken rice as delicious as it met my standards and the ginger sauce was fantastic!
Done by: Claire Lee
Review for Roti Prata:
The address given by the Green Book was much of a problem. It did not have a store name, only a unit number. However when we went to that stall with the unit number, the shutters of the stall was down and there was no signboard to identify the stall at all. We then asked the owner of the stall next to it what had happened to the shop and she replied that there was never a shop selling roti prata, the previous owner was one who sold Chinese vegetable rice. Thus, we did not get to try any roti prata. However, based on my past experiences of eating roti prata, you can either order a plain one, or choose to add toppings like egg, cheese, ham etc. You are given a choice of curry or sugar (or both) as the dipping sauce. I really like roti prata because of its crispy dough and the sugar, when eaten together, it makes the perfect combination.
Done by: Shalynn Yeo
Review for Bak Kut Teh
We ordered a bowl of soup and a bowl of rice. Initially most of us just wanted to try the soup without eating rice as we claimed we were too full. However, when we tried it, we started choking and sputtering. The soup was too peppery. Hence, we each had to eat some rice together with the soup. The meat was very tender and nice. Eating one was simply not enough. We were all addicted to the savory soup and soft meat even although it was too peppery, thus we ordered another bowl. After eating, we interviewed the store owner about the dish. He kindly accepted our request and told us a lot of interesting information about Bah Kut Teh. We asked a few more questions and thanked the man for his time. In conclusion, we will definitely all be hungry for more Bak Kut Teh if we go there again.
Done by: An Qi
Review for Katong Laksa:
The confusing address might cause a problem – it is listed down as “The Original Spoon Katong Laksa” on the Green Book. However, the store name read “The Original Katong Laksa”. The unit number too, was #01 – 59 at the shop but #01-60 on the greenbook list. Nevertheless, we found it with its distinctive certificate of the Green Book. This might be my favourite stop as well. The first thing that comes to your mind when you think about laksa would probably be the fact that it’s spicy. However, for a non-spicy eater, this dish brought great delight when I realized that it wasn’t spicy at all! Yet it had all the flavours of a spicy katong laksa without the spice. The service was swift too. While the gravy could have been a little less diluted and milky, I thoroughly enjoyed the meal.
Done by: Say Hwee
Review for Curry Puff:
Although I did not try the Curry Puff from Fong Chicken Curry Puff as we had planned to, I tried some curry puffs from another shop. The curry puff, although not from the Green Book’s list, was delectable – its pastry shell was thick, with a slight tinge of sweetness in the curry. It had not only small bits of potatoes inside but also half an egg, with bits of chicken pieces which was palatable. On the whole, I would declare the curry puff that I tried as delicious and mouth-watering, if given the chance, I would most definitely go and eat it again. :D
Done by: Lynn Kuek
No comments:
Post a Comment